Pneumonia, as with Bronchitis can be caused by both viral and bacterial infection. These infections are caused through inhalation of organisms. Pneumonia is an infection of the lungs and is more severe than Bronchitis. Symptoms include: Night sweats, Chest pain, shortness of breath and coughing.
Immune impaired patients with chronic illnesses or mature individuals, recovering from other illnesses are prone to developing Pneumonia.
There are many types of Pneumonia and some are more serious than others. The commonest cause of Pneumonia is a bacterial infection (called Streptococcus Pneumonia). Left untreated Pneumonia may cause severe illness, and even death. Chest X-rays are able to indicate Pneumonia.
Bronchitis usually requires rest and resolves within 2- 3 weeks. In the case of the elderly and infants hospital care may be required.
Pneumonia Treatment Options
This is one of those conditions where symbiosis of different treatment methods are help tremendously.
- Antibiotics and/ or cortisone may be prescribed and should be used, regardless of how much you may not like doing so
- Bed rest is essential
- Drink plenty of fluids but avoid caffeine and alcohol
- Keep hands and feet warm
- Avoid evening air so stay indoors after dark
- Humidifiers creating a humid environment help relieve coughing and inflammation
- Steaming with hot water and covering your head with a towel -helps tremendously
- Add: 1 teaspoon of Bettamed Cleanse and Recover Capsules , together with a tiny dot of Vicks Vaporub, gently inhale the steam for 10 minutes. This can be done every 2-3 hours
The vapors effects:
- Calms inflammation and pain in the airways
- Helps clear phlegm from the airways