Shingles Treatment & Rapid Relief %%currentyear%%
Shingles Symptoms require the Best Shingles Treatment for rapid recovery in order to avoid permanent or severe nerve damage, and a lifetime of pain.
Most people have Chickenpox in childhood, but after the illness has gone the varicella-zoster virus remains inactive (dormant) in the nervous system.
The immune system keeps the virus in check, but it can be reactivated later in life and cause Shingles.
It’s possible to have Shingles more than once, but it’s very rare to get it more than twice.
Most cases are thought to be caused by having lowered immunity, and thus lowered protection against infections and diseases.
This May be the Result of:
- old age – as you age, your immunity declines
- physical and emotional stress – the chemicals released by your body when you’re stressed can lower your immune function
- HIV and AIDS – people with HIV are much more likely to get Shingles, because of their weakened immune system
- Bone Marrow Transplant – the conditioning you require before the transplant weakens your immune system
- Organ Transplant – you may need to take medication to suppress your immune system so your body accepts the donated organ
- Chemotherapy – chemotherapy medication, used to treat Cancer, temporarily weakens the immune system
Young people who are otherwise healthy can also sometimes develop Shingles.
The main symptom of Shingles is pain, followed by a rash that develops into itchy blisters, similar in appearance to chickenpox.
New blisters may appear for up to a week, but a few days after appearing they become yellowish in colour, flatten and dry out. Scabs then form where the blisters were, which may leave some slight scarring and loss of skin pigment.
Even if there is no rash the pain may be a constant, dull or burning sensation, and its intensity can vary from mild to severe. You may have sharp stabbing pains from time to time, and the affected area of skin will usually be tender.
In some cases Shingles may cause early symptoms that develop a few days before the painful rash first appears.
Early Symptoms can Include:
- a headache
- burning, tingling, numbness or itchiness of the skin in the affected area
- a feeling of being generally unwell
- a high temperature (fever)
An episode of Shingles – typically lasts around two to four weeks. It usually affects a specific area on just one side of the body, which doesn’t cross over the midline of the body.
Any part of your body can be affected, including your face and eyes, but the chest and tummy (abdomen) are the most common areas.
While there’s no cure for Shingles, getting immediate treatment can help speed the healing process and reduce your risk of complications.
Most people who receive treatment soon after Shingles blisters appear will experience relief from pain and also heal from the lesions within three to five weeks.
Additionally, the blisters often leave no scars.
People with Shingles may experience symptom relief by taking cool showers, avoiding direct sunlight, and limiting scratching.
TREATMENT THAT IS EFFECTIVE AT HOME
Bettamed Cleanse & Recover Tablets and Vitamin C is a brilliant first-line defense against Shingles. It increases immune function, as well as, inhibiting the Shingles virus.
The suggested daily doses are: 1,500–3,000 mg Vitamin C.
Dosage: Bettamed tablets x 4 taken 3-4 per day after meals. The higher dose is required in order to avoid nerve damage and beat the virus. The high dose may only be required for approximately 5 days.When the pain starts to abait, the dose can be lowered to 4 tablets ml Bettamed liquid 2-3 times per day.
Or, Bettamed liquid 200ml 15ml-30ml twice per day. The higher dose is required in order to avoid nerve damage and beat the virus. The high dose may only be required for approximately 5 days. When the pain starts to abait, the dose can be lowered to 10ml Bettamed liquid 2-3 times per day.
Mechanism of Action:
- The active ingredient acts like a cell-inhibitor, by binding with the outside of viruses, and passing it out of the body through the urine or feces.
- This helps reduce viral damage.
- Selenium, Zinc and Vitamin C and Vitamin A has been added to Bettamed, in order to help support the immune system, during recovery.
High-dose Vitamin B12 is a time-honored treatment for Shingles. Vitamin B12 protects and calms the nervous system.
The suggested daily doses are: 1,000–2,000 mg of vitamin B12. K-FENAK is really effective for pain management.
and soothing cream, which blends CHD-FA anti-viral properties,
Lysine and other plant extracts. (Use as per package insert).
Bettamed Oxygen Spray 200ml is a superb healing, antimicrobial
& anti-inflammatory spray that works in unison with the Care Cream, to increase
efficacy and comfort levels.
Postherpetic Neuralgia (PHN):
Starting treatment as soon as possible will reduce these symptoms.
Vitamin B12 injections (1ml) once per week, are fantastic for prevention of nerve damage and protection of nerves. Minamona or Neurobion are good examples of B vitamins that can be taken orally.
- a painful condition that occurs when damaged nerve fibers send confused and exaggerated messages of pain from your skin to your brain.
- People have severe pain in the areas where they had the Shingles rash for up to a few months after the blisters have gone away.